What is the Role of the Governing Body?
- Decide on long term plans and direction of the school.
- Agree the aims and ethos of the school.
- Decide the policies under which the school will operate.
- Accountable for the school’s overall performance.
- Ensure that the National Curriculum is delivered.
- Agree the school’s performance targets.
- Set the staffing structure.
- Responsibility for the school’s budget.
- Handle complaints.
- Maintenance of school buildings.
- Promote high expectations.
- Hold the school to account.
- Being supportive but equally challenging.
- Monitor and evaluate the school performance.
- We hope this has given you an understanding of the role of our Governing Body.