Module Code: content-two-columns
Module Code: content-paragraph
What is the Role of the Governing Body?
- Decide on long term plans and direction of the school.
- Agree the aims and ethos of the school.
- Decide the policies under which the school will operate.
- Accountable for the school’s overall performance.
- Ensure that the National Curriculum is delivered.
- Agree the school’s performance targets.
. Set the staffing structure.
. Responsibility for the school’s budget.
. Handle complaints.
. Maintenance of school buildings.
- Promote high expectations.
- Hold the school to account.
- Being supportive but equally challenging.
- Monitor and evaluate the school performance.
- We hope this has given you an understanding of the role of our Governing Body.
Module Code: cta-full-width