Our Eco Council is made up of 2 elected members from each Year 1 and Year 2 class. The Eco Council work with Mrs Bowen and Mrs Stephen to think about our school and wider environment. The elected members are known as Eco Warriors and they take on the role of making our school a sustainable place. In the Summer term, they are joined by 2 children from each Reception class. The Eco Council listen to the views of their class peers and then make decisions on such matters as, recycling, reducing waste and improving our School environment.
2023/2024 – Our Eco Warriors
Amelia, Ben, Daniel, Esther, Everleigh, Felicity, Jake, Kian, Marinella, Molly, Naythan, Sophia.
Things we have achieved over the last few years
- The Eco Warriors helped secure funding from Croxley Parish Council to help pay for a poly tunnel to be installed- this is now being utilised by the children growing their own produce. We can’t wait to invite members of the community in to help and sample our produce
- New growing beds having been installed by the Parish rangers and our year one children are enjoying tending to these during their discovery time
- Our Green Flag status was renewed which we are extremely proud of our continued efforts towards maintaining a sustainable and eco friendly school
- Many children have enjoyed designing and exhibiting a scarecrow and bug hotel at Hampton Court Flower Show this has also enable the children to experience the flower show on press day
- Lots of our children have taken part in the Parish sunflower competition, growing the sunflowers from seeds at school and then either planting them in the school grounds or continuing to nurture them at home
- Children have taken part in the RSPB British Bird Watch both in school and at home
- The School has had an assembly on recycling given by a visitor from the local council. Mrs Stephen and our Eco Warriors invited grandparents to a Soup Share lunch
- The children used produce from our school gardens (carrots, leeks, potatoes) to cook some soup. Other classes helped by baking bread and making butter