This week’s highlight was definitely our trip to Kew Gardens! The children had a great time and some of our higlights included:
- enjoying the tree top walk where they were as tall as the Oak trees
- going into the different green houses to discover lots of species of plants including the endangered Ghost Orchid
- hearing the sounds of many bees in The Hive
- playing in the new playground with the new areas linked to air, water, sun and sand
- eating their lunch in the beautiful sunshine surrounded by nature
Back at school they discussed their favourite part of the trip and wrote their recounts using time words to order the day.
Also this week, we have been introduced to the artist Lowry looking at his painting Piccadilly Circus and using that as inspiration to create our own sketch. In history we learned about Sir David Attenborough and the impact he has had on people’s understanding of the natural world.